Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flying with 2 Kids!

The first week in October I flew back to South Dakota for a SDSM&T recruiting trip and vacation. I took both kids on my own! We had 2 flights with one connection in Minneapolis. The flight to Rapid City went very well. As with any job, it was of utmost importance to have the correct tools - double stroller, Baby Bijorn baby carrier, monkey leash for Ella, and backpack diaper bag. Getting through security was the toughest part. Not to mention that we had to go through extra security because I was carryin on baby food! The stay in Rapid City with both kids on my own also went well. I had lots of help from family. Ella and Owen didn't adjust to the 2 hour time change very well as Ella got up at 4:50am the first morning. The above left picture is in Custer at 5am. Owen only slept past 6am one morning the entire week. The return flight to Midland was a little tougher. We didn't fly out of Rapid City until almost 4pm. Afternoon time gets a little cranky. On the final flight Owen went into overtired turbo mode. He was a busy body and very tough to manage. All and all things went pretty well. I think I could even do it again sometime........maybe.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous