Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Visit to Port Lavaca, TX - June 2009

This past weekend we took the Dow shuttle to Texas to visit Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Jim. It was hot, hot, hot in Texas (95 degrees every day with high, high humidity)! We loved getting spoiled. We were fed homemade southern meals every night - ribs, Mexican, and shrimp boil. We had a great visit! I posted some pictures, but you can see more pictures from our trip here.

Owen & Grandma Jackie

Ella swinging with Grandpa Jim. Josh helped Jim hang these colorful swings that they got in Mexico from their live oak branches.

Feeding the neighbors bottle calf

Ella & Grandpa Jim playing flashcards. Ella knows all of her capital letters!

Under my "Um-um-brella, ella, ella.....eh, eh"

Grandma Jackie treated Ella and I to pedicures at the salon. They had a kids chair with a movie for her and she picked out a beautiful purple color with silver sparkles.




Drying our nails

Ella & Grandma Jackie shopping at "The Funky Divas"

We got to use their neighbors swimming pool. Owen got to swim in a pool for the first time. Even though it was late afternoon, I only kept him in a few minutes so that our little marshmallow wouldn't melt in the sun. Ella had a blast and we had a hard time getting her out. She jumped off the diving board and used arm floaties for the first time!

Blowing bubbles with Grandma Jackie

Ella and Daddy in Grandma Jackie's yard. Check out a similar pic from October 2007 here.


Ella swinging with Grandma Jackie

When Ella gets tired she still feels out her "button"




Our first night home I put a movie on for Ella while I was going to put Owen down. I let Owen watch for a few minutes. He is mesmorized by the TV.

I put Owen to bed and came back downstairs to make supper for Ella and I. I was talking to her and realized she wasn't talking back. When I looked over she had fallen asleep sitting up in the chair. I carried her up to bed and she was down for the night! That's when you know you had a fun vacation!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous