Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Few Funny Saying Lately....

I overheard this conversation between Ella and Owen this afternoon.
Ella:  "Owen, what country are you from?"
Owen:  "New Zeawand!"
Ella:  "No, I mean where were you born?"
Owen:  "In da hostible!"
Ella:  "No, I mean what country were you born in?"
Owen:  "Ewnited States!"
Ella:  "of what?"
Owen:  "Ewnited States of Zeawand!!"

Shopping in a Coach store in Sydney:
Daddy:  "Owen those are expensive.  Do you know what expensive means?"
Owen:  "Don't touch."

Ella is learning to read at school.  They teach kids to read words by sight rather than sounding them out.  They learn the books/words at school and then read at home.  Because of the way she is learning to read, we notice that she pronounces words differently when she is reading from when she is talking in a conversation.  For example, she speaks the words "said" and "here" with an American accent, but she reads them as "seed" and "he-ah" with a Kiwi accent.  So strange. 

Ciara and Skye will be visiting over Easter.  The kids are very worried about Skye and Ciara not getting eggs.  They have decided that Owen will share his eggs with Skye and Ella will share her eggs with Ciara.  I'm sure Skye (now 18) will be very relieved :)
Ella:  "Mom, how will the Easter bunny know that they are here?"
Mommy:  "I don't know.  He probably won't."
Ella:  "Can you text him?"

Living in New Zealand:
Mommy:  "Ella, what has been your favorite thing we've done since living in New Zealand?"
Ella:  "Probably mini-golf" (referring when we went mini-golfing in Napier)
At least she's not going to miss the ocean and mountains when we move back to the US!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous