Thursday, September 09, 2010

Ella-quent Phrases

Mommy: "Ella, can you hand me that towel?"
Ella: "I'm quite busy right now."

The kids also freely use the word "tea" for snack/dinner and "nappies" for diapers. Ella has a friend named Jacey which Ella pronounces "Jay-say". That is how everyone else says it afterall.

The teachers got a kick out of Ella calling the toilet "the potty" as the children in New Zealand say they "have to go to the toilet." However, Ella is rubbing off on her mates - the teachers were laughting and telling us a story about one of the kiwi children saying, "I gotta go potty" after hearing Ella. As they were telling us the story, they tried to say "I gotta go potty" in an American accent which came out sounding horrible. I know we don't sound like that.

When picking Ella up today she giggled saying, "My teacher said that I was a 'gid geel'." (Good Girl)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous