We had a wonderful vacation to the Black Hills with family! We got to see so many people and had so much fun. We rented a cabin up by Lead, SD with the Ellefson/Rector clan and Josh's Dad and Rene. The views from the cabin were breathtaking. We spent the week appreciating the Hills - Deadwood, biking the Mickelson, golfing, hiking, etc. It was a fun week, but sad to say goodbye. It is so great that we have long trips like these for the kids to connect with their cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.

Cooling off along the Mickelson

Stopping off for a break on the bike trail

More Bikers

Owen and Grandma Rene

Owen and Grandpa Hobart


Owen snoozing in his pack n' play. He only lasted until about 6:30pm every night

Ella & Sam rock hunting. As we were leaving the cabin I asked Ella what her favorite thing was about the trip. She responded, "Sam".

I was upstairs folding laundry at our cabin and came downstairs to find Ella and Sam watching TV like this! I had to run and get my camera. How sweet!

During our trip, Josh, Caleb, Ella, Owen, and I took a side excursion to "Roo Ranch" outside of Deadwood. This kangaroo was pawing at Ella in the petting area. I asked the attendant, "It can't hurt her can it?". Her response was, "I don't think so. Not on purpose." !!!!!!

The Roo Ranch was super cheesey, but Ella had a good time and Caleb indulged her! Our funnest moment was when Ella accidentally fell against the chain link fence and a herd of scared kangaroos bounced off all at once.



COUSINS!

We had a ladies night out in Custer. We went to the Sage Creek and had an awesome time.

Ella & Ciara

Ella & Ciara watching the fish in the pond with Craig

Ella cooling off in Grandma Berta's pond