Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween 2008

Earlier this week, we attended the Kid's 1st Halloween party at Ella's school. He she is with some of her friends in her classroom.

Here's the "Littlest Halloween Mouse" leaving the party. If you ask her what her costume is, she says, "Mickey Mouse" and she licks her fingers like she's eating cheese. I wasn't sure how she would do with the costume, but she loved wearing it. It was hot at the party so I tried to get her to take down her hood, but she didn't want to take it off.


Getting ready to start trick-or-treating on Halloween night! Friends, Kaitlyn & MaKayla (Tigger and Pooh) came over to go trick-or-treating with us. We practiced knocking and saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" all day. She was ready to go. It was a warm 60 degree Friday night. Josh and I took turns sitting on the front steps and handing out candy and taking Ella around the neighborhood. We had 330 trick-or-treaters. A new record for us (previous record was 314). Our neighborhood is Halloween crazy!

A lot of people thought she was supposed to be Eeyore (donkey from Pooh). I guess that's what happens when you go trick-or-treating with Tigger and Pooh.



Once we got gone, Ella was on a mission. She was one of the smallest trick-or-treaters that we saw, but she walked from house to house for over 1-1/2 hours. She did awesome saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you". She's normally very shy, but had no problem going door to door to get treats. She didn't want to quit until I told her that we could go home and dump it out.




Digging into the loot back at home.




Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous