"Zoo starts with zed"
Kiwis pronounce the letter "Z" as zed and not zee
"I am going to go give my room a tidy"
When she wants to try something: "I would like to have a go"
"Owen and I would like to have a play"
"I reckon that...."
"This is going to take for ages"
"I have to go toilet"
"That's right, aye?" "Owen's tired, aye" Kiwis follow a lot of statements with "aye" or "eh" when they're looking for agreement, kind of like the Canadians
A couple of other Ella-quent items to add to the list:
She pronounces puppet as "puffet" and pick-up as "hiccup"
"It's not a real person, it's a puffet."
"Mom, look at that dog in the back of that hiccup."
For Valentine's Day, Great-Grandma Davy sent the kids cards with $5 for treats in them. Ella opened it up and said, "Look, Mom, Funny money." She's used to the kiwi currency.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

