Thursday, November 19, 2009

So Excited for Christmas

We have been using Santa Claus to bribe Ella into behaving. She had been resisting going to sleep at nights laying in bed and crying and calling out. Josh told her that naughty girls that don't go to sleep at night aren't on Santa's good list and don't get presents. She went to sleep quietly that night. In the morning when she woke up, the first thing she told me in a sleepy, joyful voice was,

"I didn't cry. I didn't scream. I'm going to be on the wist."

************************************************************

After spending many days reminding Ella of the true meaning of Christmas,

Mommy: "Ella, why do we celebrate Christmas and give gifts at Christmas time?"
Ella: "Because Santa loves us?"

*************************************************************

Ella singing while decorating the Christmas tree tonight,

"Jack Frost.....the Pumpkin King"
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous