6:00AM:
I am awakened by a thunderous roar as Owen unleashes a 30-second mustard bomb into his diaper. I look over at him and he is peacefully sound asleep. It seems a shame to wake him (and me) and I ponder leaving him in his loaded diaper for a little while. Would it really be that bad if he lay there for 30 more minutes? After all, there are many times that I do not discover that he has a loaded diaper and it has probably been more than 30 minutes.......
6:04AM:
As if she knows what I am thinking, on que, Ella moans over the monitor in a hoarse, whiny voice over and over again, "Mommmmy, Daddddy...... I want Mommmy. I want Daddddddy.............".
6:05AM:
Josh looks over at me and says half asleep, "Which one do you want?" I am thinking, "neither", but I choose the loaded diaper as Ella has been a bear cat the last few mornings.
6:06AM:
I am changing Owen's loaded diaper and after seeing how massive the bomb is, I am feeling guilty about contemplating leaving him laying in that mess. I hear Ella screaming at Josh upstairs. I definitely made the right pick.
6:07AM:
The whole family is up for the day. I am sitting in the recliner feeding Owen with Ella on my lap watching cartoons trying to keep my eyes open. Josh showers for work.
Josh tells me that we are going to look back on these days fondly and miss these times. "Really?" I'm not so sure.
6:15AM: I am slowly waking up and find myself enjoying snuggling in the chair with my two warm babies. I start to think that Josh may be a little bit right...............
Thursday, March 19, 2009
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

